I Realised That No Matter How Much You Grow, You Are Still Kids To Your Parents!!!


What a lazy Sunday, I thought to myself before getting out of the bed at 7 am to get milk for my 2 yr. old toddler. Ooops, I woke up and it is already 8.30 am. I realised that I fell asleep while feeding my son and keeping the bottle on the bed side after he finished his feed. It just happens sub-consciously that he holds the bottle and finishes and I keeping it aside. Okay, time now to get some fresh air and a hot cup of tea that gives me instant energy.....then I hear maa maaa and I end up rushing to him, though he finds his dad by his side, he seems worried as to where momma has gone leaving him. By the time I attend him, he gets down the bed, picks his favourite toy and starts walking out. Ahhh!!! such a nice thing to see him wake up happily actually.
There is a puja in the neighbourhood to attend, I give him a quick shower and try to feed one idli which takes forever. I pick up my phone and find a few unread messages. I see a whats app message that is sent by my elder brother. He sent an image and a question along, hmmm worth a quiz. I stared at the image which was hand written in English on a piece of white paper. I read the note and here it goes, "Dear Kid, I kept your food on the table, please serve yourself. Amma'. The word 'amma' was not too clear for me to understand if it was our mother. I knew my mother’s hand writing too but such situation would arrive is what I was not sure. Moreover, in this technology driven world, one would just pick up the phone and tell her son/daughter whatever they want to. And for a man who got married recently would be taken care by his wife for sure. All these things on my mind stopped me from guessing about it. So, I asked my brother and yes it is my mother who kept that note on the age old Godrej writing table (my father's favourite), when she had to go out to the temple and it would be late for her to return. My brother works in the night shift; hence his routine would be different. I have been thinking to post articles on this blog for quite some time, now this incident finally drove the craziness in me to share an incident worth mentioning.
I was zapped by this act and kept on reading that at least 50 times. Seriously, the note on a piece of paper can actually make you realise so many things. For parents, no matter, how old we grow, we would still be kids for them. The best mom, we fight, we argue at times, but I do respect you for the values you have instilled in me. Dedicating this to my mother Mrs. Lakshmi Pallikonda.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank You. I started my blog and soon became busy writing for other clients in the process of generating a few bucks....I originally published this article on Mycity4kids parenting site. With comments like this, I sure get some boost to keep up with my own blog :-).....Thanks much again.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts